As part of our ongoing care, and as part of a government initiative, we can offer health checks to our eligible patients. A health check can be performed to consider whether preventative health care and education could be offered to improve your health and physical, psychological and social function.
Health assessments can be offered to a broad range of eligible patients, at various stages of life. Please see the list below.
AVAILABLE HEALTH CHECKS
- A Healthy Kids Check for children aged at least 3 years and less than 5 years of age, who have received or who are receiving their 4 year old immunisation
- A type 2 diabetes risk evaluation for people aged 40-49 years (inclusive) with a high risk of developing type 2 diabetes as determined by the Australian Type 2 Diabetes Risk Assessment Tool. This check-up is available to you every three years.
- A health assessment for people aged 45-49 years (inclusive) who feel that they may be at risk of developing chronic disease
- A health assessment for people aged 75 years and older. This check-up is available to you annually
- A comprehensive medical assessment for permanent residents of residential aged care facilities. This check-up is available to you annually
- A health assessment for people with an intellectual disability. This check-up is available to you annually
- A health assessment for refugees and other humanitarian entrants
- A health assessment for former serving members of the Australian Defence Force
Health Assessments are performed with your preferred doctor and the assistance of our friendly practice nurses.
Our nurses are available from 9 – 5 Monday to Friday.
If you would like to be booked in for your preventative Health Assessment, please telephone our friendly reception staff for an appointment.
Appointments are essential to be able to offer you the best possible care, as some health checks may take up to 60 minutes.